Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Requests with modals, if clauses, and gerunds

The Usage Of Would You Mind

1st Usage: If + somebody + did + something 

Note: When we talk about the Present or the Past, we use Past tense following the subject.

Would you mind If I used your phone now?

Would you mind If I borrowed your car tonight?


2nd Usage: When we don't mention the subject we may just use Verb + ing

Would you mind taking this book back for me?
Would you mind sending that mail for me?

3rd Usage: Somebody's + Verb + ing 

Would you mind John's staying here with us?
Would you mind My sister's coming with us to the picnic?





Exercise 1: requests
Exercise 2: modals of polite request
Exercise 3: choice that best completes each sentence

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to have downloaded exercises about REQUESTS with modes,with if clause& with gerund .Thank you

    ReplyDelete