Saturday, March 25, 2017

Time expressions

 The Simple Present Tense
Time Expressions






every day / week / year / Friday

Example Sentences:
  • We go to work every day.
  • She plays tennis every week.
  • We visit our uncle in London every year.
  • They meet at a cafe every Sunday.
  • I pay my bills every month.




on Mondays, at the weekend ,etc


Example Sentences:

  • I don't work on Sundays.
  • My wife cleans the house at the weekend.
  • Tom and I play chess on Mondays.



in the afternoons, morning etc.


Example Sentences:

  • She gets up late on Monday mornings.
  • We have lunch at 2 in the afternoon.
  • I try not to eat anything at night.
  • Sally doesn't work in the evening.
  • He plays tennis in the evening.
  • He gets up early in the morning.




in winter / spring, etc.


Example Sentences:

  • We wear warm clothes in winter.
  • She goes swimming in summer.
  • The trees lose their leaves in spring.

Exercise 1: time expressions 

Exercise 2:  time expressions


No comments:

Post a Comment