Sunday, March 11, 2018

Simple past statements: irregular verbs

Irregular verbs:


There is no rule for these verbs. You should learn them by heart.
The infinitiveThe simple past
bewas/were
writewrote
comecame
dodid
meetmet
speakspoke

he forms of the simple past:

The Affirmative form of the simple past:

I, you, he, she, it, we, theyplayed.
wrote
did.
Examples:
  • played tennis with my friends yesterday.
  • finished lunch and I did my homework.

The interrogative form of the simple past:

DidI, you, he, she, it, we, theyplay?
write
do?

 Examples:
  • Did you play basketball yesterday?
  • Did you watch television?
  • Did you do the homework?

The negative form of the simple past:

I, you, he, she, it, we, theydid not/didn'tplay
write
do
  • didn't like the food in the wedding last Saturday.
  • didn't eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment